Exposing the Lies: Despite the rainbow “logo” of the homosexual revolution, there is no pot of gold at the end, only deception, overblown statistics, cover-up, and fraudulent information.
No scientific evidence indicates a biological causation of sexual orientation. The three major research projects suggesting a causative link (Bailey and Pillard, LeVay, and Hamer) have all been discredited by their peers.1·
“…to date there are no replicated scientific studies supporting any specific biological etiology for homosexuality.”2·
The updated American Psychological Association brochure, “Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality,” admits, “There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors.3·
In 1973, Dr. Robert Spitzer led the team in redefining homosexuality in order to remove it from the disorder list. After his most recent study, Dr. Spitzer stated, “Like most psychiatrists I thought that homosexual behavior could be resisted—but that no one could really change their sexual orientation. I now believe that’s untrue—some people can and do change.” 7·
In 2007, Drs. Stanton L. Jones and Mark A. Yarhouse published a study confirming that long-term change away from homosexual orientation can occur through religious mediation. At the end of three years, 67 percent of men and women who had undergone group discussions, individual counseling, journaling, Scripture reading and prayer either reported a change towards heterosexual orientation or a rejection of gay identity with establishment of successful chastity, or were continuing to work towards one of those two goals based on the progress they had already experienced. 8·
Peter Muehrer of the Prevention Research Branch of the National Institute of Mental Health stated, “…it is not possible to accurately compare suicide attempt rates between gay and lesbian youth and non-gay youth in the general population. There is no scientific evidence to support this [30 percent] figure.” 12
HHS Secretary, Dr. Louis Sullivan denounced the report claiming the high teen suicide rate related to homosexuality. The document, written by homosexual activist Paul Gibson, was an appendix to a 1989 report by the Secretary’s Task Force on Youth Suicide.13·
David Schaffer, a Columbia University psychiatrist and specialist on adolescent suicide said, “I struggled for a long time over Gibson’s mathematics, but in the end, it seemed more hocus-pocus than math.” 14·
A coalition of 31 homosexual advocacy groups admitted in a legal brief filed with the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of Lawrence vs. Texas that only 2.8 percent of the male and 1.4 percent of the female population identify themselves as gay, lesbian or bisexual.16·
The false notion that 10% of men are homosexual was born of Alfred Kinsey’s studies, published in 1948 and popularized by homosexual activists to give them more political clout.
Kinsey’s samplings were skewed because they were taken from prisoners, sex offenders, leaders of homosexual groups and male prostitutes. 17·
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reveals that only 2.3 % of the population considers themselves homosexual. The statistics come from a 2002 National Survey of Family Growth. It was based on 12,571 interviews with men and women ages 15-44 years of age. 18·
The American Psychological Association Journal now defends the ethics and effectiveness of sexual reorientation therapy. The 2002 article, “Theory, Research, Practice, Training” favors providing reorientation and related services.4·
Robert Perloff, PhD., former President of the American Psychological Association stated: “I am here as the champion of one’s right to choose…It is my fervent belief that freedom of choice should govern one’s sexual orientation…If homosexuals choose to transform their sexuality into heterosexuality, that resolve and decision is theirs and theirs alone, and should not be tampered with by any special interest group including the gay community…” 5·
The American Psychiatric Association and American Psychological Association call for practitioners to respect the religious and spiritual values of their clients and assert that clients have the right to autonomy and self determination. 6·
Research identifies fluidity in sexual orientation. At age twelve, 25.9% of children were “unsure” of their sexual orientation.
This figure declined to 5% by age 17, with an average “unsure” for all age groups of 10.7%. 9
Dr. C. Socarides of the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH) says, “A teenager who experiments with homosexual behavior, or who is encouraged by misguided counselors to affirm his supposedly gay identity, may find himself trapped in an addiction that is difficult to break.” 10
Directing youth in a gay-affirming direction is negligence in light of the conclusions of a recent study. “Findings support recent evidence suggesting that gay, lesbian and bisexual young people are at increased risk of mental health problems.” 11
All major religions condemn homosexuality. Here is what the Bible says about it:
“Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful …” Romans 1:27
“You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.” Leviticus 20:13
“Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites … will inherit the kingdom of God.” 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Some main line denominations are distorting the above references in order to ignore the Bible’s truth on homosexuality.
Pope Benedict XVI on homosexuality: “Although the particular inclination of the homosexual person is not a sin, it is a more or less strong tendency ordered to an intrinsic moral evil, and thus the inclination itself must be seen as an objective disorder.” 15
The Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics has linked homosexuality to serious health risks. More than 30 risks were positively associated with self-reported gay, lesbian and bisexual orientation.
The study conducted by the Harvard Medical School involved 4,159 high school students. 19
Diseases that are found with extraordinary frequency among male homosexual practitioners as a result of anal sex:
Anal Cancer Syphilis
Chlamyd-ia Trachomatis Isopora
Giardia Lamblia Gonorrhea
Herpes Simplex Viral Hepatitis B/C
Human Immunodeficiency Virus Human Papilloma Virus
Men who have sex with men account for 71% of all HIV infections among male adults and adolescents in 2005. This was based on data from 33 states with long-term, confidential name-based HIV reporting. 21
Helpful Resources for Unwanted Same-Sex Attraction
There has been much effort through the distribution of deceptive information to create a new form of human being, a homosexual. Dr. Joseph Nicolosi, president of the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality, sums it up:
What You Should Know About the APAs
A key to normalizing homosexuality has been the actions of the American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association.
Homosexuality was removed from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) because of political activism, not science.
1970 - 1973 From 1970-1973, “gay” activists within the APA repeatedly disrupted national meetings by interrupting speakers, forging credentials to access exhibit areas and threatening anyone who claimed homosexuals needed to be cured. The political pressure worked, and in 1973, a committee of the APA met in closed session and voted to remove homosexuality as a mental disorder from the DSM-II.
When the decision was presented, dissenters were given only 15 minutes to protest the change. An appeal was made calling for a vote by the membership-at-large.
Immediately, activists drafted a letter; the National Gay Task Force (NGTF) purchased the APA membership mailing list and sent out the letter to the APA members, urging them to vote to remove homosexuality as a disorder. Members were not informed that a homosexual activist group had funded the ‘mailing.’
Only one-third of the members responded, but because the majority of those responding supported the change, the classification stood --- homosexuality was no longer a treatable disorder. In one day, 200 years of research was thrown away. 24
1977 A survey showed that 69 percent of psychiatrists disagreed with the decision and still considered homosexuality a “pathological adaptation.”
A more recent survey shows that the majority of psychiatrists around the world continue to view same-sex behavior as signaling mental illness. 25
1999 American Psychological Association published an article in the Psychological Bulletin suggesting that pedophilia was not harmful. Concerned Women for America hosted a press conference with Dr. Laura Schlessinger, and the 106th Congress of the United States unanimously supported a resolution: “Congress condemns and denounces all suggestions in the article…that indicate that sexual relationships between adults and ‘willing’ children are less harmful than believed and might be positive for ‘willing’ children.” 26
2003 American Psychiatric Association, at its national convention, debated the removal of several other long recognized categories of mental illness to include: pedophilia, exhibitionism, fetishism, transvestism, voyeurism, sadomasochism and gender identity disorder.
2005-2009 Political activism continues as groups within the APAs push for the legalization of same-sex marriages and endorse "two mommy or two daddy" parenting families.
1. The Three Reports: “Hidden Agendas Produce Biased Interpretations,” Physician, July/August 1992; David Nimmons, “Sex and the Brain,” Discover, March 1994; “NIH ‘Gay Gene’ Study Questioned,” Science 268:184.
2. Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Issue, American Psychiatric Association Fact Sheet, May 2000.
3. “Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality,” http://www.apa.org/topics/sorientation.html#whatcauses.
4. Mark A. Yarhouse, Psy. D. and Warren Throckmorton, Ph. D. “Ethical Issues In Attempts To Ban Reorientation Therapies,” American Psychological Journal, Vol. 39, No. 1, 66-75, 2002 by the Educational Publishing Foundation.
5. Robert Perloff, Ph.D., “Free to Choose,” Speech presented at the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH) Conference, Washington, D.C., November 12-14, 2004
6. Religious/Spiritual Commitments and Psychiatric Practice, RESOURCE DOCUMENT, December 2006 http://www. psych.org/Departments/EDU/Library/APAOfficialDocu mentsandRelated/ResourceDocuments/200604.aspx, August 20,2008; Resolution on Appropriate Therapeutic Responses to Sexual Orientation, APA online, and http://www.apa.org/topics/sorientation.html, section heading ‘What about therapy intended to change sexual orientation from gay to straight?”
7. Dr. Robert Spitzer, “200 Subjects Who Claim to Have Changed Their Sexual Orientation from Homosexual to Heterosexual.” Speech presented at the American Psychiatric Association Annual Convention, New Orleans, May 9, 2001.
8. Stanton L. Jones and Mark A. Yarhouse, Ex Gays? A Longitudinal Study of Religiously Mediated Change in Sexual Orientation, InterVarsity Press,2007.
9. “Demography of Sexual Orientation in Adolescents, Pediatrics,” Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Vol.89, April 1992. (Abstract available online by G Remafedi, MD, MOH; Michel Resnick, PhD; Robert Blum, MD, PhD. And Linda Harris.)
10. Dr. Charles Socarides, Homosexuality: A Freedom Too Far (Phoenix: Adam Margrave Books, 1995), 19.
11. Fergusson, Ph.D., Horwood, MSc, Beautrais, Ph.D., “Is sexual orientation related to mental health problems and suicidality in young people?” Archives of General Psychiatry, 1999, 1.
12. “ Homosexual Urban Legend: 30% of Teen Suicide Victims Are Homosexuals,” www.traditionalvalues.org/urban/five.php.
13. Peter LaBarbera, “The Gay Youth Suicide Myth,” www.leaderu.com/jhs/labarbera.html.
14. “ Political Science,” The New Yorker, May 3, 1993, pp.116. http://traditionalval ues.org/urban/five.php)
15. Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict, current Pope of the Catholic Church), “Letters to the Bishops of the Catholic Church on the Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons” as reported by the National Catholic Reporter, 1986.
16. Amicus curiae (or “friend of the court”) brief filed with the U.S. Supreme Court in the case of Lawrence v. Texas, p. 16, February 2003.
17. Muir, J Gordon, “Homosexuals and the 10% Fallacy,” Wall Street Journal, March 31, 1993
18. WorldNetDaily, September 16, 2005
19. John Diggs, Jr., M.D., The Health Risks of Gay Sex, 3 (may be viewed at corporateresourcecouncil.org/ white_papers/Health_Risks.pdf.)
20. Joseph Nicolosi, Ph.D., “The Condition of Male Homosexuality.” Speech presented at the Love Won Out Conference, Dallas, Texas, May 6, 2000.
21. CDC. HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report, 2005.Vol.17. Rev ed. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC: 2007:1-46.Accessed June 28,2007, http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/resources/factsheets/print/msm.htm.
23. Jeffrey Satinover, M.D., Homosexuality and the Politics of Truth (Grand Rapids, Michigan: Hamewith Books, Baker Books, 1996), 31-40.
24. Jones and Yarhouse, Homosexuality: The Use of Scientific Research in the Church’s Moral Debate (InterVarsity Press, 2002), pp. 97-98.
25. “ Pedophilia Study is Condemned by House, 355-0,” Massachusetts News, 2 August 2000. (http://www.massnews.com/past_issues/2000/8_Aug/hoscond.htm).
Concerned Women for America
1015 15th Street, N.W., Suite 1100
Washington, D.C. 20005
1 (800) 458-8797
Concerned Women for America of Virginia
P.O. Box 1465
Bedford, VA 24523