From Virginia Society for Human Life (VSHL)
No Roe in Virginia
Petition to the Virginia General Assembly to
Oppose Abortion-on-Demand Until the
Moment of Birth Without Restrictions
Whereas, Pro-Abortion Activists want to codify Roe v. Wade into Virginia Law and/or add Roe to the Virginia Constitution; and
Whereas, Roe would allow abortion-on-demand, up until the moment of birth, without any restrictions; and
Whereas, making Roe Virginia Law would strike down existing pro-life laws including the Parental Consent law & the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban law. A Constitutional Amendment would permanently prevent passage of new pro-life laws like the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, Unborn Child Protection from Dismemberment Act, eliminate restrictions on taxpayer funding of abortion, and stop many other pro-life bills;
Therefore, be it resolved, that we the undersigned voters of Virginia OPPOSE codifying Roe v. Wade into Virginia Law or adding Roe to the Virginia Constitution. We URGE all Members of the General Assembly to defeat any and all attempts to Codify Roe v. Wade in Virginia.
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE PETITION
Virginia Society for Human Life (VSHL) promotes the Right to Life in Virginia through education and legislative action.
Our Position Summary:
• The right to life is inalienable.
• Unborn babies should be protected in law.
• The dependent elderly, those who live with disability or chronic illness, or the terminally ill should be protected from both active and passive euthanasia.
• Women facing unplanned pregnancies should be supported emotionally, spiritually, and materially so that abortion does not feel like their only choice.
• We support legislation which respects and protects the right to life of each member of the human family, both before and after birth.
• We work peacefully within the law in order to change the law.
Who we are:
VSHL is a non-sectarian organization. The common thread uniting our membership is a respect for all innocent human life from fertilization to natural death.
VSHL is the Virginia Affiliate of the National Right to Life Committee.
Virginia Society for Human Life is a 501(c)4 organization.
VSHL Educational Fund is a tax deductible 501(c)3 organization