Here is a new and inspiring book by Chuck and Kathie Crismier. In this book they share a powerful motto that dramatically changed their marriage after 37 years. They are now sharing this with us as they have just celebrated their 50th anniversary.
Chuck and Kathie have lived in Richmond since 1993, when the Lord called them to leave their lucrative California law practice to go to "the birthplace of America." Chuck says, "The Lord said,' Chuck, you've been pleading the cause of men long enough (20 years). Now I want you to plead My cause in the land as a Voice to the Church, giving Vision to the Nation' Read More
And idea is for us to go God’s way in marriage, not our ways.
One of the ideas is to have a love and oneness in marriage, despite that there can be some difficulties in the marriage. The idea is not for us to respond to our thoughts and feelings, but to respond to God and His attitudes to us.
In John 15:4-5 Jesus said that we are not to abide on ourselves, but to abide in Him:Read More
After the obvious physical needs of your new born baby your Mission # 1 should be to introduce your child to the Lord Jesus as soon as possible. Despite the seemingly innocent appearance of your precious child he is born with a sinful nature inherited from the first man, Adam, and passed down through the ages.
While each child will progress differently age-wise when comprehending God it would never be too early to bring Him into his life. In fact some mothers start when the child is in to womb, sings and praising God, knowing that the baby can receive blessings in this way.Read More
And being parents with Both Love and Discipline to children is a Display of God.
One of the messages to us in the Bible is that we are to love God. And loving God, we are to love others all around us. And husbands are to love wives; and wives are to love husbands. And as parents we are to use both love and discipline to our children. So these are things that God teaches us in the Bible. And when we do these things we are actually displaying God.
So as we are to focus on marriage and parenting, here are two additional ideas for us to understand as we go along on our relationships in our families:
1. Our obedience before God is not what gives us our salvation. Rather, what causes us to receive salvation is our belief in Christ and our belief that He paid a debt of our sins.Read More
Can we have both love and “oneness” in marriage, even though marriage almost always has some difficulties
Often, there are difficulties in marriage. Here is a series of things in many marriages:
- One thing is that we have feelings. And due to our feelings we often do not feel good toward a spouse.
- Divorce actually happens in about 40 to 50 percent of marriages. Most divorces are with non-believers of Christ, but there are also some Christians having divorce.
- Even when there is not a divorce there can be a separation. Sometimes one is having sex with someone else, even though not being divorced. Sometimes even Christians do this in marriage.
And Biblical ideas on Manhood and Womanhood are aspects of marriage. Marriage is one of God’s primary focuses. He wants us to have “oneness” in marriage.
The idea is that husbands and wives have different roles, and they are to use their roles for the oneness in marriage.
Here is a list of arguments on “Manhood and Womanhood”:
- An important understanding is that men and women are equal before God.
In Genesis 1:26-28 Adam and Eve were equal before God. Galatians 3:28 also shows equality before God.
- Whereas men and women are equal before God, they are different in God’s creation, different in God’s design and His callings, and different in their roles. 1 Corinthians 11:3 & 9 is an illustration.
- #Men were designed by God as leaders, but being “leaders” does not mean they are to be in control. For example, leadership demonstrated by Jesus in Matthew 20:25-28 is a form of His sacrifice even as a “leader.” So men as leaders are to sacrifice themselves to a wife and to other people also.
- Women were designed by God as helpers to their husbands - Genesis 2:18. God did not give women the same roles as their husbands or men. 1 Timothy 2:9-12 illustrates the difference in roles, showing that women are not to be leaders over men.
We have been talking about God’s design for marriage. So far we have said:
- 1. Marriage is a critical element of God’s design - for raising children and for displaying God through unity in marriage, and also our joy and companionship.
- 2. Unity in marriage displays God because we are sinners, which separates us. The unity results from giving ourselves to God, which displays Him.