Linda Wall This year’s annual pro-homosexual/pro-transgender propaganda day is April 27. Every year thousands of schools participate in this political event called Day of Silence. The event is sponsored by “LGBT” activists beneath the mask called the Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network (GLSEN). For those who don’t know of the Day of Silence, it is a day in which leftists exploit government schools and captive audiences for the purpose of advancing the “lgbtxyz” sexual ideology. Instead of walking out of classes like students last week, GLSEN urges students in middle and high school to refuse to speak all day –including during class. Parents are urged to ask their school administrators and children’s teachers these questions:
- Do you permit students to refuse to speak during instructional time on the DOS?
- Do you permit teachers to refuse to speak during instructional time on the DOS?
- Prior to the DOS, do you notify all parents about it, including sharing complete information about GLSEN’s role in organizing and providing materials for it and informing parents about what will be permitted in the classroom?
- Do you create classroom assignments or activities that accommodate student-refusal to speak on the DOS?
- Do you teach lessons on oppression, censorship, or bullying in class on the DOS?
- Will you be using any information from GLSEN to shape or inform your activities on the DOS?
- If you accommodate student-refusal to speak and/or shape activities around ideas promoted by GLSEN for the DOS, will you be notifying parents ahead of time?
- It is not about bullying.
- It is not about education.
- It is not about a day for Christian children to be missionaries.
- It is a leftist political event.
- It is a propaganda event designed and intended to eradicate conservative moral beliefs about homoerotic acts.
- It is disruptive to the education environment and process.