Jan Markell | The Harbinger Daily
I have been watching the convergence of the so-called signs of the times ever since someone handed me Hal Lindsey’s “LateGreat Planet Earth” many years ago. The book got my attention! Since then, I am fascinated with how Bible prophecy is being fulfilled now for several decades.
The apocalypse is in the air!
But in the last few years, things are happening so quickly that observers of the times can’t keep up.
Rapture, then Tribulation
It’s as though the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are now out of the barn, but they can’t make their global appearance until the Church is called Home in the Rapture.
The Bible is clear that we will be with Jesus in Heaven before these riders begin their deadly trek across planet earth.
Here is a very short list of things I am noting in this year of 2022, indicating time is winding down and we will be whisked away very soon.
- We already see the formation of this coming New World Order through the U.N. and the World Economic Forum (WEF). Without firing a shot, they have gained the allegiance of most world leaders for their Marxist plans to enslave the people of the world. The globalists believe they have the means to reshape the world, according to their agenda, via the influence they have gained over the global leaders of our day. A one-world government will be birthed once the Church vacates! The players are in place.
- Three words in the Bible jumped out at me recently: “without natural affection” (2 Tim. 3:3). That happens to a final generation. But, who could have imagined today’s society celebrating the trans movement, homosexual marriage, and the slaughtering of the unborn? All of these operate “without natural affection.”
And these issues are a leftist obsession! They love every imaginable aberration. Those standing for biblical values, such as pro-life groups, are under literal violent attack!
- That same passage opens talking about “perilous times.” Sure, we’ve had perilous times since WWI. The destruction of WW2 was unthinkable. But, now Russia’s lunatic leader is threatening the world with nukes. There are more than 40 wars or serious conflicts raging in the world right now, displacing millions and often involving circumstances that are, indeed, perilous.
- Let me spend an extra moment on economic issues, inflation, and famine, all prophesied to occur during Daniel’s 70th Week, or the Tribulation, the “time of Jacob’s trouble.” Are we not seeing the stage-setting for that now?
As the food “apocalypse” approaches, the poorest peoples will suffer as they always do. But it is feared that the pain will rapidly move up the global food chain. With that comes a surge in political turbulence, humanitarian crises, and global instability.
Add to this the shortage of fertilizer and the word apocalypse is, indeed, appropriate and not over used here. U.S. farmer sentiment plummeted in May as producers have become anxious about their farms’ financial health. More than 60% of farmers predict farm input prices to be at least 30% higher this year compared to 2021.
Throw in the mysterious destruction of multiple food processing plants and in June, the deaths of thousands of cattle from excessive heat—or was it foul play?
Also in June, the soaring stock market took a nose dive and Fed Chairman, Jerome Powell, admitted they are looking at replacing cash with digital currency.
Surely the black horse is ready to ride!
- To be blunt, economies around the world are on the verge of collapse. JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon is warning about a “coming economic hurricane.” He states, “Right now, it’s kind of sunny; things are doing okay. Everyone thinks the Fed can handle this—but that hurricane is out there, down the road and coming our way. We don’t know if it’s Superstorm Sandy or Andrew. You better brace yourself.”
- How can I not reference the raging apostasy, the wolves among the flock, and the doctrine of demons all thriving in many churches today? This sad state of church affairs may be one of the most significant signs of the times out there.
In May we learned that a new study from the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University found that just 37% of Christian pastors in America have a biblical worldview. A spiritual awakening is needed in the pulpit just as much as in the pews! Imagine that two-thirds of our pastors (all denominations) don’t have a biblical worldview!
Israel is sounding the war drums. In the face of Iran’s continued development of nuclear capability (she’s almost there), the Israeli Air Force has developed a new capability to fly its F-35 jets from Israel to Iran without requiring mid-air refueling.
This development is a boost to the IAF capabilities and comes as the Israeli military has upped its preparations for a strike against Iran’s nuclear capabilities—a scenario possible even yet this summer! This may be the most stunning geopolitical development of 2022—even more grave than Russia’s brutal invasion of Ukraine.
Throw into the mix the collapse of Israel’s government in June. Word has it that Joe Biden and his administration will do everything they can to prevent a return of Benjamin Netanyahu, one of Israel’s finest leaders.
The King is Coming Any Day!
I have provided just a few short bullet points that I have kept my eye on here in 2022 that tell me the King is coming any day. I could list dozens more. We are trending towards the Tribulation, the “time of Jacob’s trouble.” And while believers can rejoice at our destination, remember that contained in the above situations are much suffering and perplexity globally. And human beings cannot solve these problems. That is why the word “perplexity” is seen in Luke 21:25.
The King of Kings must return to establish His earthly Kingdom on earth and clean up chaos, confusion, and consternation brought about by the Antichrist and his minions. The stage is being set now. The curtain for the last act could rise any day.
SOURCE: THE HARBINGER DAILY