Please comment on how you favor Youngkin’s Transgender Policy Changes. See directions below and gives you some pointers on what to say.
- how this policy upholds parents’ basic right to oversee their child’s education and well-being.
- how this policy strikes down Northram’s Administration policy which held a radical gender ideology that
- endangered students’ privacy and safety,
- infringed on free speech,
- created a rift between parents and their children.
The redrawn draft of Youngkin’s 2022 Model Policies offers significant breakthrough:
- Excludes all gender terms and clarifies that “sex” refers simply to biological sex
- Provides statutory and legal references that back policies safeguarding protections for parental rights and students’ privacy and safety rights
- Restrains schools from encouraging or instructing school workforce from keeping from their parent or legal guardian, gender-related information about a student
- Declares student participation in athletics must correspond with their biological sex