Virginia Christian Alliance Advisor | Virginia Mass Resistance
Homosexual Bills Being Presented To The General Assembly. We Also Encourage You To Contact Your Delegate To Oppose Them
The following pieces of legislation are proposed that will advance the “trending sexual sins” of the hour. Opposes these bills and encourages you to contact your Delegate and Senator and make certain they vote against them.
“GLBTxyz Madness” and “Transgender Mania” Legislation Proposed This Session:
- Virginia Human Rights Act; nondiscrimination in public employment – SB 12 (Ebbin): Prohibits discrimination in public employment on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity, as defined in the bill.
- Fair Housing Law; unlawful discriminatory housing practices, sexual orientation, etc – HB 300(Simon), SB 67 (Wexton): Adds discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity as an unlawful discriminatory housing practice. The bill defines “sexual orientation” and “gender identity.”
- Virginia Human Rights Act; prohibited discrimination in employment – HB 179 (Kory), HB 429 (Villanueva): Prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. The bill defines “sexual orientation” as a person’s actual or perceived heterosexuality, bisexuality, homosexuality, or gender identity or expression.
- Hate crimes; reporting to State Police – HB 35 (Sullivan), SB 82 (Favola): Includes within the definition of “hate crime” a criminal act committed against a person because of sexual orientation or gender identification and requires the reporting of the commission of such crime to the State Police.
- Same-sex marriages; civil unions – HB 5 (Simon), SB 10 (Ebbin): Repeals existing obsolete law banning same-sex marriages and civil unions.
- Constitutional amendment (first resolution); marriage – SJ 2 (Ebbin), SJ 9 (Locke), SJ 32 (McEachin): Proposes the repeal of the constitutional amendment dealing with marriage that was approved by referendum at the November 2006 election.
- Conversion therapy; prohibited, no state funds shall be expended for purpose of therapy – HB 427 (Hope), SB 262 (Surovell), SB 267 (Dance): Prohibits any health care provider or person who performs counseling as part of his training for any profession licensed by a regulatory board of the Department of Health Professions from engaging in conversion therapy with any person under 18 years of age.