Expose the argument and Jesus addressed this three separate ways:
- Matthew 5:17 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
- Matthew 15:19-20 But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. 20
- Matthew 19:4-6 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”
NOTE: Explore Dr. Brown’s “Consider This” page
Can you be gay and Christian?
- What does the Bible actually say?
- Did the biblical writers address loving, committed, same-sex relationships?
- And do you have to be heterosexual to follow Jesus?
Everywhere we go, we are asked these questions, and there is a tremendous amount of misinformation swirling about this very important, very personal subject. In this “Consider This” episode Dr. Brown tackles this controversial subject with grace and truth.