Last week I shared how tactics taken from the Handbook on Communism opened the door for the birth of the lukewarm church in America. (click for Part 1)
This week I want to introduce you to another factor that has contributed to the church becoming Lukewarm. In less than two decades how has a behavior God calls abominable become acceptable by the church?
For two years I researched homosexuality searching for answers on how a Christian girl like myself ever became involved in it. During that research, I discovered that just like the Communist, the pushers of homosexuality also had a manual.
However, theirs was more like a “sports playbook”.
In that playbook, After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90’s,
Christianity is labeled the greatest threat to the normalization of homosexual behavior.
I’m certain you will recognize the following tactics I discovered in this ‘homosexual manifesto’.
- Capitalize on the AIDS crisis and establish the promiscuous sexual minority as a victimized minority in need of protection and care.
- Move public opinion away from the behavior homosexuals engage in and portray them as victims.
- In order to eliminate the talk of sin by the religious, play the “born that way” card.
- Straights must be taught it is as natural to be homosexual for some as it is for others to be heterosexual.
- Raise theological objections to conservative biblical teaching calling it hateful anti-gay doctrine.
- Focus on religious bigotry and get moderate churches to join.
- Call conservative churches homophobic, antiquated and out of step with the times.
- Portray gays as mainstream Americans seeking liberty and pursuit of happiness under the banner of “rights”.
- Isolate Christians by presenting them as hysterical, backwoods preachers.
Next week Part 3 addresses the third and final manual, the Holy Bible and the “lukewarm church” in America.
(Part 1: Why Is the Church in America Lukewarm? | Part 2: Why is the Church in America Lukewarm? GLBT Influence | Part 3: Why is the Church in America Lukewarm? The Bible | Part 4: Calling the Lukewarm Church in America to Action.